Isn’t this a pretty tree?
I don’t know what it is — it was growing in a sort of neglected parking lot near the convention center. Since I was so rarely outside, it seemed all the more interesting.
Here’s another shot of librarians trekking in the first morning, looking for the registration booth.
Here’s an example of an interesting thing. If you live on the east coast, “Washington” means Washington, D.C. If you live on the west coast, “Washington” means Washington State. It just does.
Anyway. Now that I’m back, here’s what I’m worrying about:
- Work issues I really should be worrying about — ways things could be done better, and ought to be done better. I need to pick a few issues and focus on them. Soon.
- We leave in a week and a half for vacation, and from there, N for Russia. Yikes.
- The house is a bit of a mess. Just slightly.
- Desire to finish the West Wing before N leaves. Impossible.
- Haircuts? More shots? Adaptors and transformers? New shoes and jeans? You know — that sort of stuff.
- My desk is so full of crap that I can’t move my elbows.
- It’s summer.