Still here, just busy.
Rushing home, in fact, because N’s girlfriend is staying with us (she’s at a conference), so I think I should rustle up some dinner.
Anyway. The capsule summary:
- We seem to have hired a new person at work, which is excellent.
- I’m going on a field trip on Sunday for a class I’m taking at the local community college. The class is on islands, and we’re going to Brooks Island. I am very excited. It’s an uninhabited island in the bay that I have been wanting to explore forever, but you can only go on a guided tour. Really, I am very excited.
- I am very tired. I picked said girlfriend up from the airport last night at 11 (I didn’t have to! I volunteered!) which is so far past my bedtime I can’t even tell you.
- I’ve also managed to go to the gym 3 days this week. Pathetically this is a record, recently.
- I’m working one more year, but I am really itching to retire. I volunteer for a local national park, and as a volunteer they have all these really interesting free classes, on, like Wednesday morning. I can’t do any of it until I retire, and now that it’s close, I can’t wait. Also, at the community college, there are tons of classes I would like to take, many of them in the middle of the day. Anyway, it something to look forward to.
- Seems like there’s more, but I really have to go –
Have a good weekend!